Remington backed the .300 Blackout as a .30 cal solution for firing super and subsonic loads more terminally effective than 5.56 out of short barrels. An easily suppressed short barrel AR platform with a bump in lethality.
Bill Wilson said (paraphrasing) “That’s cool but can it stay in the AR-15 while slaying hogs like mad?”
So with that different goal in mind Wilson Combat developed the .300 HAM’R. Where the Blackout is a SBR tactical round by design the HAM’R is a maximized .30 cal while still retaining the 5.56 carrier and .300 BLK magazines.
Bill Wilson has brought us as close to the venerable .308 out of the AR-15 as anyone to date and he kept our standard bolts and magazine capacity too.
The 300 HAM’R® was developed for optimal terminal performance and offers near .308 Winchester effectiveness, amazing accuracy and low recoil in the lightweight and compact WC15 platform. Terminal performance testing on over 200 Texas feral hogs has proven it to kill much more effectively than the 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 7.62×39 or 300 Blackout. Due to the optimization of bullet weight to barrel twist, accuracy has proven to be outstanding. Sub one-inch groups are the norm with multiple bullet choices for varying applications such as hunting, target shooting and tactical use. Undoubtedly the 300 HAM’R will be compared to the popular 300 BLACKOUT or 7.62×39 and as the comparison charts below indicate, ballistics of the 300 HAM’R far exceeds the 300 BLACKOUT and 7.62×39 in both velocity and energy when utilizing 110-150gr bullets.
- The 300 HAM’R has 18% more retained velocity, 40% more energy and a 56% flatter trajectory than the 300 BLACKOUT at 200 yards!
- Enhanced reliability due to the longer gas systems, 16.25” is mid-gas and the 18”/20” are intermediate gas system.
- Any AR15 platform rifle can be converted to 300 HAM’R with a simple barrel change and the use of 300 Blackout magazines.
- The 300 HAM’R with its 1-15 twist match grade barrel is optimized for accuracy with 110gr to 135gr bullets.
- Factory Starline produced 300 HAM’R cases are available, but cases can be made from common and available 5.56/.223 cases.
- The 300 HAM’R has a 300 FPS velocity and 400 FP energy advantage over the 300 BLACKOUT at the muzzle.
- 300 HAM’R rifles and barrels are available in 16.25”, 18” and 20” lengths with different profiles.